The San Diego & Imperial Valley Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network provides a vast array of “No Cost” and “Low Cost” support to entrepreneurs and small businesses through our eight locations in Carlsbad (North San Diego), National City (South San Diego), University of San Diego (SBDC The Brink), Kearny Mesa (Asian Business Association SBDC), El Cajon (East County SBDC), City Heights/El Cajon (IRC SBDC), UTC (CONNECT SBDC), and El Centro (Imperial Valley).
The SBDC’s top priority is to empower small business creation and growth to achieve job creation and retention, capital investments, and dynamic innovation that improves the quality of life in San Diego and Imperial Counties.
2019 was a banner year for the San Diego and Imperial SBDC Network! We were able to help small businesses in our region make a multi-million dollar impact on our economy. Here are a few highlights:
- We added four new SBDC service partners and locations! East County SBDC in El Cajon, International Rescue Committee SBDC in City Heights and El Cajon, Connect SBDC in La Jolla/UTC, and the Asian Business Association SBDC in Kearny Mesa.
- The inaugural San Diego Angel Conference by the Brink SBDC was a fantastic success! This is a great start to inspiring more local angels to invest in local startups!
- The SBDC helped businesses access $132,000,000 million in capital. That included 138 loans for over $62,700,000 and $69,300,000 in equity investments!
- 3,486 unique clients were served with over 18,250 hours of 1:1 business advising and 416 training events and workshops. That included great programs like the Connecting with Capital Expos and the Meet the Buyers Tour!
- 215 new businesses were started and 1,023 new jobs were created by SBDC clients.
- SBDC clients were able to secure contracts and increase sales by $109,000,000!